Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Mr. Incredible!

When I lived in Manhattan, I lived in a building on the Upper West Side with some of the cutest little Dominican kids you've ever seen. One of my favorite little buddies was named Mario. One day as I was walking up the steps to my apartment, I startled Mario and a group of kids that I had never seen as they were playing in the stairwell. As one little 4 or 5 year-old boy looked up at me, he said with intense admiration..."Whoa, he looks like the Incredibles dad!" I didn't know whether to be offended or flattered, seeing as how I was not in the best shape of my life, not unlike Mr. Incredible himself. I smiled at him and continued up the stairs. I often remember and get a chuckle out of the experience. Later that Week I was walking by one of my favorite spots in the city, (The Wall of Fame on 106th and Park in Spanish Harlem)when I saw this...

No comments: