Saturday, February 9, 2008

The English Beat live @ the Canal Room '06

One of my favorite things about living in NYC was the ability to see great live music. The week before I left the city, I had the chance to see the classic 80's band "The English Beat" live at the Canal Room. Some of you may remember the lead vocalist, Dave Wakeling, from his other well known band "General Public". On this night, I was even fortunate enough to catch him playing with the legendary guitarist/vocalist, Lynval Golding of the famous Ska band "The Specials".

Here is some footage that a friend and I shot at the show. Turn off my Hawaiian Music player and enjoy!


The above clip is The English beat performing The Specials' classic "Message to Rudy".




The above clip is The English Beat performing "Hands Off She's Mine"

I can't wait to move back to the city where I can enjoy great music at arms length.

No comments: